One gardener's extras are another's treasures
In this free forum, you can find the seeds you've been looking for, or share your excess seeds with others.
Traditional swaps are a 2-way trade. Interested parties will contact you by phone or email. If you don't have any seeds to offer, don't dismay, you may still find someone willing to help you out with your request.
Your submission will remain posted for 30 days.
How to place a Seed Swap
- Fill out the online Swap Form.
- This site is for seed swap use only. Please do not post requests for tools or plant parts (i.e. bulbs, cuttings) here.
- Indicate how many seeds you have available. When you run out of seed, search for your swap, and delete it using the response form.
- Large seeds require additional postage; mention that in your posting.
- Once you have agreed upon a swap, send a SASE to your partner to cover mailing costs.
- Never use swappers' names for commercial mailing lists or to advance religious or political agendas. If you receive unsolicited material, tell your local Postmaster.
- Please do not swap rare and endangered wildflower seeds.
- We cannot post entries from countries other than the U.S. and Canada.
- Please do not offer to pay for seed or to sell seed. This forum is for swapping only.
How it works
We store information about your seed offering or request in our database, along with your email address. When someone wishes to swap seeds with you, they will submit their email address. We will then send you an email with that person's address so that you may contact them and make arrangements for the seed swap. Typically, you should request a SASE envelope from them in which you may send the seeds.
Your email address will not be released without your consent.