Archived Gardening Message Boards

Topic: Edible Plants

<< Back to message boards home
<< Back to Edible Plants

View Thread:
Patchouli Plants

Patchouli Plants
Posted by Tara DeLong (taradelong@entermail.net) from PA Zone 6 on 2002-07-03 23:22:47

I purchased a 8" potted patchouli plant for my husband at the local farmer's market today. The person at the stand was not helpful as far as tips on caring for the plant, watering/lite etc. I have searched all my gardening books & the internet for info but all that is available is info on patchouli oils. Can anyone out there help me????
  • Patchouli
    Posted by jdmiller from Indiana/Zone 6 on 2002-07-25 01:31:24

Quoting Tara DeLong: ------------
    -I purchased a 8" potted patchouli plant for my husband at the local farmer's market today. The person at the stand was not helpful as far as tips on caring for the plant, watering/lite etc. I have searched all my gardening books & the internet for info but all that is available is info on patchouli oils. Can anyone out there help me???? I don't know much about patchouli, but I do know that it is a tender perennial, it won't withstand your winters so you will have to bring it inside before frost. It likes full sun and warm temps. Other than that, I don't know much else.
    • PATCHOULI PLANT
      Posted by Tara from PA zone 6 on 2002-07-28 22:10:35

Quoting jdmiller: ------------
      -Quoting Tara DeLong: ------------
      -I purchased a 8" potted patchouli plant for my husband at the local farmer's market today. The person at the stand was not helpful as far as tips on caring for the plant, watering/lite etc. I have searched all my gardening books & the internet for info but all that is available is info on patchouli oils. Can anyone out there help me???? I don't know much about patchouli, but I do know that it is a tender perennial, it won't withstand your winters so you will have to bring it inside before frost. It likes full sun and warm temps. Other than that, I don't know much else.
      thanks, but I guess I forgot the mention that I have it in my home, on a windowsill above the sink facing north. I transplanted it, it was root bound, seems to be doing better. I placed it in a dish with stones for humidity. If anyone else out there has any info it would definitely be appreciated. Thanks again.... :)

Donate Today

The Garden in Every School Initiative

Shop Our Holiday Catalog

— ADVERTISEMENTS —