Archived Gardening Message Boards

Topic: Houseplants & Indoor Gardening

<< Back to message boards home
<< Back to Houseplants & Indoor Gardening

View Thread:
Unknwn Home Depot Plant/tree

Unknwn Home Depot Plant/tree
Posted by Massimo (massimo_salerno@hotmail.com) from New York, NY on 2002-06-20 17:04:04

I purchased a large tree like indoor plant from home dept and it came with no name or information. I called various Home Depot's and none of their gardenning reps know which it is. Currently, the plant is about 6 feet high and sitting under my skylight. We have had it about a month and about a week ago it started dropping its small leaves and some stems and branches have dried out. If I can email you a photo of the plant, might you be able to tell me the name and also how best to care for it? Please respond with an email address which can accept attachments.

Thank you,

M
  • plant ID
    Posted by Will Creed, Horticulturist from NY on 2002-06-21 15:50:12

Send a photo to me at wcreed@HorticulturalHelp.com and I will provide an ID. It may be a Ficus tree, but I would need more information to be sure.

Quoting Massimo: ------------
    -I purchased a large tree like indoor plant from home dept and it came with no name or information. I called various Home Depot's and none of their gardenning reps know which it is. Currently, the plant is about 6 feet high and sitting under my skylight. We have had it about a month and about a week ago it started dropping its small leaves and some stems and branches have dried out. If I can email you a photo of the plant, might you be able to tell me the name and also how best to care for it? Please respond with an email address which can accept attachments.

-Thank you,

-M

Insiders' Plant Information

GardeningwithKids.org Catalog

Special Report - Garden to Table

— ADVERTISEMENTS —