Archived Gardening Message Boards

Topic: Edible Plants

<< Back to message boards home
<< Back to Edible Plants

View Thread:
Row Covers

Row Covers
Posted by Sam from Seattle-7B on 2002-06-14 11:00:07

hello all! I have some new cucumber seedlings recently up, and something has been eating them! I just bought some row covers and covered them and some newly planted seeds as well. When should I take the floating row cover off of the plants?

And what's the secret to successful cucumber germination?
  • Row Covers
    Posted by Glo from PA on 2006-01-31 09:59:00

You can leave row covers on all throughout the planting time and still harvest your produce, cause it will receive sunlight and rain and you can still water plants when needed and still have row covers over your plants or produce. Row covers are light in weight so you would not have to worry about the weight of covers. I hope this help answer your question.
  • Row Covers

You can leave row covers on all throughout the planting time and still harvest your produce, cause it will receive sunlight and rain and you can still water plants when needed and still have row covers over your plants or produce. Row covers are light in weight so you would not have to worry about the weight of covers. I hope this help answer your question.
  • Row Covers

GardeningwithKids.org Catalog

Special Report - Garden to Table

— ADVERTISEMENTS —