Archived Gardening Message Boards

Topic: Edible Plants

<< Back to message boards home
<< Back to Edible Plants

View Thread:
mixing herbs in pots

mixing herbs in pots
Posted by Carol from Indiana on 2002-06-07 15:24:04

I just made up a large herb pot and most of the herbs are edible, basile, cilantro etc. but I put some sweet annie into the pot (I know it is not edible) but I recently read that it is toxic, is there any danger of having it in a pot with herbs I plan to eat (if I of course don't try and eat the Sweet Annie?
  • Sweet Annie
    Posted by Newt from Maryland zone 7 on 2002-06-09 04:28:16

Quoting Carol: ------------
    -I just made up a large herb pot and most of the herbs are edible, basile, cilantro etc. but I put some sweet annie into the pot (I know it is not edible) but I recently read that it is toxic, is there any danger of having it in a pot with herbs I plan to eat (if I of course don't try and eat the Sweet Annie?

I don't know who told you that Sweet Annie is poisonious, but here's a site that tells about the herb. It's used for malaria.

Newt

Sweet Annie (Artemisia annua)

• Sweet Annie
      Posted by jdmiller from Indiana/Zone 6 on 2002-07-25 01:44:08

Quoting Newt: ------------
      -Quoting Carol: ------------
      -I just made up a large herb pot and most of the herbs are edible, basile, cilantro etc. but I put some sweet annie into the pot (I know it is not edible) but I recently read that it is toxic, is there any danger of having it in a pot with herbs I plan to eat (if I of course don't try and eat the Sweet Annie?

-I don't know who told you that Sweet Annie is poisonious, but here's a site that tells about the herb. It's used for malaria.

-Newt
      You may not have room in your pot for the sweet annie. My sweet annie grows 3 to 4 feet tall.
Donate Today

The Garden in Every School Initiative

Shop Our Fall Catalog

— ADVERTISEMENTS —