Archived Gardening Message Boards

Topic: Houseplants & Indoor Gardening

<< Back to message boards home
<< Back to Houseplants & Indoor Gardening

View Thread:
HollyHock seeds

HollyHock seeds
Posted by Eric (etownsen@northnet.org) from N.Y. #5 on 2002-05-19 00:52:39

I am wondering what the proper procedure is for planting Hollyhock seeds. I got some and planted them approx. 1/4-1/2 inch deep tamped the soil over the top of them and have gotten nothing as of yet. My Dad has one growing in the rockiest part of his driveway. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!
  • hollyhock seed
    Posted by Newt from Maryland zone 7 on 2002-05-27 03:41:17

Quoting Eric: ------------
    -I am wondering what the proper procedure is for planting Hollyhock seeds. I got some and planted them approx. 1/4-1/2 inch deep tamped the soil over the top of them and have gotten nothing as of yet. My Dad has one growing in the rockiest part of his driveway. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Just be patient. They will show themselves. Here's a conversation that might be helpful.

Newt

Hollyhock from seed

• HOllyhock Germination
      Posted by Tom from NY on 2003-06-24 14:34:54

Quoting Newt: ------------
      -Quoting Eric: ------------
      -I am wondering what the proper procedure is for planting Hollyhock seeds. I got some and planted them approx. 1/4-1/2 inch deep tamped the soil over the top of them and have gotten nothing as of yet. My Dad has one growing in the rockiest part of his driveway. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

-Just be patient. They will show themselves. Here's a conversation that might be helpful.

-Newt
Donate Today

The Garden in Every School Initiative

Shop Our Holiday Catalog

— ADVERTISEMENTS —