Archived Gardening Message Boards

Topic: Houseplants & Indoor Gardening

<< Back to message boards home
<< Back to Houseplants & Indoor Gardening

View Thread:
carrot soup

carrot soup
Posted by katzhaus65 from Arizona - 5B on 2002-05-07 00:08:04

Does anyone out there have a recipe for carrot soup? I enjoyed a bowl of it in California -- it was utterly divine -- but was unable to wrest the recipe from the chef. The soup was delicate, perhaps based on chicken stock. It had a VERY faint overtone of nutmeg, looked like a cream soup so perhaps contained milk/cream/yogurt, and was so superbly delicious, we all wanted to drown ourselves in it. It was very carroty, slightly sweet (like carrots), and not at all spicy. Please help! If my tongue gets any longer, I'll trip on it!
  • carrot soup
    Posted by carlene from ill on 2003-03-09 16:11:58

carrot soup from mag delicious
    chicken or veg stock
    1lb carrots
    thyme 1 ts
    2 chopped granny green smith apples
    blend in blender after cooking till tender.
  • Yummy!!
    Posted by Newt from Maryland zone 7 on 2002-05-08 02:33:18

Quoting katzhaus65: ------------
    -Does anyone out there have a recipe for carrot soup? I enjoyed a bowl of it in California -- it was utterly divine -- but was unable to wrest the recipe from the chef. The soup was delicate, perhaps based on chicken stock. It had a VERY faint overtone of nutmeg, looked like a cream soup so perhaps contained milk/cream/yogurt, and was so superbly delicious, we all wanted to drown ourselves in it. It was very carroty, slightly sweet (like carrots), and not at all spicy. Please help! If my tongue gets any longer, I'll trip on it!

You're making me drool. :-) Yes, I have seen carrot soup made with a little cream. I'll bet it did have a bit of nutmeg. Go to www.foodtv.com and you can do a search.

Happy slurping!
    Newt
GardeningwithKids.org Catalog

Special Report - Garden to Table

— ADVERTISEMENTS —