Archived Gardening Message Boards

Topic: Edible Plants

<< Back to message boards home
<< Back to Edible Plants

View Thread:
Is there a guide that shows what to plant ......

Is there a guide that shows what to plant ......
Posted by Raindrop (spambox5@earthlink.net) from Southern CA on 2002-05-06 12:15:56

I am looking for a guide that you can tell it what area you are in, what month it is and then it will tel you what things would be good to plant that month. I am in Southern CA and have started a garden with my kids but so far all we have are 4 fruit trees and 5 tomato plants. LOTS of extra space and I want to know what else we could put in at this time of year that will not only do well but that the kids will eat!
Thanks for any advice!!!
  • Gardening guide
    Posted by Happy Gardner from Virginia - Zone on 2002-05-07 12:13:27

Quoting Raindrop: ------------
    -I am looking for a guide that you can tell it what area you are in, what month it is and then it will tel you what things would be good to plant that month. I am in Southern CA and have started a garden with my kids but so far all we have are 4 fruit trees and 5 tomato plants. LOTS of extra space and I want to know what else we could put in at this time of year that will not only do well but that the kids will eat!
    -Thanks for any advice!!!

Raindrop,

Found this website through a Yahoo search. They have a flower & veggie guide. Hope this helps. Good luck with the crops!

Flower & Veggie Guide

• Zip code zone finder
      Posted by Newt from Maryland zone 7 on 2002-05-08 02:18:35

Quoting Happy Gardner: ------------
      -Quoting Raindrop: ------------
      -I am looking for a guide that you can tell it what area you are in, what month it is and then it will tel you what things would be good to plant that month. I am in Southern CA and have started a garden with my kids but so far all we have are 4 fruit trees and 5 tomato plants. LOTS of extra space and I want to know what else we could put in at this time of year that will not only do well but that the kids will eat!
      -Thanks for any advice!!!

-Raindrop,

-Found this website through a Yahoo search. They have a flower & veggie guide. Hope this helps. Good luck with the crops!

Here's a site with a zip code zone finder.

Newt

Garden Web Zip Code Zone Finder

Donate Today

The Garden in Every School Initiative

Shop Our Fall Catalog

— ADVERTISEMENTS —