Archived Gardening Message Boards

Topic: Houseplants & Indoor Gardening

<< Back to message boards home
<< Back to Houseplants & Indoor Gardening

View Thread:
identifying plants

identifying plants
Posted by Lana (llbads@frontiernet.net) from MN on 2002-05-02 19:48:44

Can someone help me identify a plant I brought back from TX. It has dark green stems that are sturdy like snake grass and leaves that are pink and green varigated and are kind of thick and crinkle and curl up. It likes bright sun, and since repotting the stems the leaves are coming back. I thought the lady that gave me the stems said it was a psuderanthemum varigated, but can't seem to find any information about that plant either. Can anyone identify this plant. It came from Harlingen TX, outside a trailer house.
  • plant ID
    Posted by Will Creed, Horticulturist from NYC on 2002-05-03 16:47:19

Do a Google search under pseuderanthemum. (Make sure you get the spelling correctly). It will yield several sites with photos for you to see if they match your plant.

-Can someone help me identify a plant I brought back from TX. It has dark green stems that are sturdy like snake grass and leaves that are pink and green varigated and are kind of thick and crinkle and curl up. It likes bright sun, and since repotting the stems the leaves are coming back. I thought the lady that gave me the stems said it was a psuderanthemum varigated, but can't seem to find any information about that plant either. Can anyone identify this plant. It came from Harlingen TX, outside a trailer house.

Insiders' Plant Information

GardeningwithKids.org Catalog

Special Report - Garden to Table

— ADVERTISEMENTS —