Archived Gardening Message Boards

Topic: Houseplants & Indoor Gardening

<< Back to message boards home
<< Back to Houseplants & Indoor Gardening

View Thread:
How can I report a bad business

How can I report a bad business
Posted by Alene Wilson (awson@goldfieldaccess.net) from Ia. 50525 zon on 2002-04-28 22:45:07

I have ordered $70.00 paid with credit card but only get dead skimpy plants. They state they will replace or refund but thy won't. thank you. I don,t know what to do and I don't want others to be victims.
  • Reporting bad companies
    Posted by Lyn from Mi - 6a on 2004-04-04 00:24:51

Quoting Alene Wilson: ------------
    -I have ordered $70.00 paid with credit card but only get dead skimpy plants. They state they will replace or refund but thy won't. thank you. I don,t know what to do and I don't want others to be victims.

To: Alene and fellow gardeners who have had a bad experience with mail order companies;
    Visit: http://gardenwatchdog.com
    A forum is provided to rate mail order to any other company selling garden items or plants. Many other forums available.
    -Lyn
  • Bad companies
    Posted by Kristi from NC/7 on 2002-11-07 21:21:53

-I have ordered $70.00 paid with credit card but only get dead skimpy plants. They state they will replace or refund but thy won't. thank you. I don,t know what to do and I don't want others to be victims.

I'd DEMAND a full refund from the company. If you don't receive your refund in 30 days than I'd call the credit card company. Let that company know that you are a member of gardening clubs and your word of mouth advertising for them would ruin their business!
  • How about here?
    Posted by Barbara (bdegroot@ptd.net) from PA on 2002-10-27 10:52:49

I'd sure like to know who's doing this so I don't get stuck the same way. Certainly others participating would like to know as well! However, I think your credit card company should be your best bet, provided it wasn't a debit card.
  • Bad business
    Posted by Newt from Maryland zone 7 on 2002-05-02 01:47:25

I would think that if your order wasn't what it should be, you could contact the credit card company to see if they can help.

There's always your local Better Business Bureau.

Then there is this site.

Newt

Plants By Mail Facts

Donate Today

The Garden in Every School Initiative

Shop Our Holiday Catalog

— ADVERTISEMENTS —