Archived Gardening Message Boards

Topic: Edible Plants

<< Back to message boards home
<< Back to Edible Plants

View Thread:
CHILENO PEPPER SEEDS

CHILENO PEPPER SEEDS
Posted by MICHAEL DENNEY (DENNEYM726@CS.COM) from CALIFORNIA on 2002-04-19 02:53:47

I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR CHILENO PEPPER SEEDS OR THE PLANTS FOR 2 YEARS. I WAS RAISED IN THE UPPER MOJAVE DESERT IN CALIFORNIA. SEVERAL OF THE AREA RESIDENTS GREW THESE PEPPERS, INCLUDING MY FATHER. THESE PEPPER HAVE A GREAT TASTE, THEY ARE HOT BUT NOT HOT. THEY WERE JUST AS GOOD WHEN THEY HAD BEEN CANNED.
CAN ANY BODY HELP!! I WOULD PAY FOR THE SEEDS OR IF CLOSE TO THE SACRAMENTO AREA I COULD BUY SOME PLANTS.

THANK YOU

CHILENO PEPPER

• Chileno Seeds Wanted
    Posted by Pam (pamrossimarketing@yahoo.com) from New Mexico on 2009-11-26 01:19:00

I am looking for chileno seeds! In exchange for information, I would be happy to provide the most delicious canning recipe for these peppers! Thanks! pamrossimarketing@yahoo.com (575)635-6614. Call or email!
    • Chilaino pepper
      Posted by Susie Davis from 9california on 2014-04-04 02:46:00

I lived in Bishop Ca for 25 years. I now live in northern Ca. I would LOVE to grow Chilaino peppers! If you know where to get seeds or plants, pease e mail me.
    • Chileno (Lone Pine) Peppers
      Posted by Janice Scandrett from Nevada on 2012-08-28 05:48:00

Were you able to find some seeds for the chileno peppers. I have some old seeds from when we lived in Lone Pine but they are getting really tired so need a new supply. Thanks.
    • chilenos
      Posted by kent mabon (kenmabon@hotmail.com) from porterville, ca on 2012-07-03 10:21:00

my brother and I also can't find a supplier of chieno pepper seeds. Have you found one yet?
      • Chileno (Lone Pine) Peppers
        Posted by Janice Scandrett from Nevada on 2012-08-28 05:52:00

Have you found a seed source? My seeds are getting really old!
    • Chileno seeds
      Posted by John (woodeh1@yahoo.com) from So Calif on 2011-12-19 12:18:00

I have 4 plants that I got in a nursery in Bishop Ca. I have had them for about 3 years now and in the winter I remove the plants from my garden into large pots and keep them in my garage to avoid frost. In the spring I re-plant them each year and I get great yield of peppers. I have saved some pepper seeds and am trying to grow new plants from them but havnt been successful yet but will try again this year. I have several peppers ready to dry out and store.
      I also use the old Owens Valley recipe for pickling them. Any info on growing plants from seeds would be appreciated.
      Thx
      John
      • Owens Valley pickled Chileno chile recipe
        Posted by Martin Ted Nelson from Nevada on 2012-06-25 12:29:00

Hello,
        I was wondering where I can find that recipe for pickling chileno peppers ?A reply would be appreciated.

Martin Ted Nelson

• Recipe wanted-pickling/canning Chileno Peppers
          Posted by michael wells from glassell park, on 2012-09-20 04:10:00

Am looking for an authentic recipe from the Lone Pine/ Eastern Sierra Nevada area for pickling or canning the Chileno Peppers (Italian Wax Peppers). THANKS.
    • CHILENO PEPPERS
      Posted by RICK VALDEZ from ANAHEIM, CA on 2011-06-08 07:08:00

IM LOOKING CHILENO PEPPERS OR SEEDS...THESE ARE ALSO CALLED LONE PINE CHILIES. MY AUNT HAS THE BEST CANNING RECIPE AND WOULD GLADLY SHARE HER SECRET FOR A LITTLE INFO. THANKS

LONE PINE CHILIES WANTED

• Chileno peppers
    Posted by Codie Hart from California on 2009-07-05 01:12:00

These peppers are also known as Italian Wax Peppers. You can get seed at www.peppergal.com. You can get a brief history of the peppers (and the name confusion) at www.brunosmarketplace.com

Peppergal

GardeningwithKids.org Catalog

Special Report - Garden to Table

— ADVERTISEMENTS —