Archived Gardening Message Boards

Topic: Edible Plants

<< Back to message boards home
<< Back to Edible Plants

View Thread:
Growing veggies in pots

Growing veggies in pots
Posted by Jerry from Virginia on 2002-04-18 10:39:33

I have 4 whiskey barrels on my deck. I have patio tomato in 2 of them and a sweet pepper in 1 and a hot pepper in the other. I would like to plant some bush cucumbers in with the hot pepper will this work.. I have lettuce in with the tomatos and radish in the sweet pepper and I put the cucumber in with the hot, now I am afraid that the hot peppers and cucumber won't grow will together. Thank you for any help you can give me Jerry
  • Peppers & Cucumbers
    Posted by Happy Gardener from Zone 7 on 2002-04-18 22:00:38

Quoting Jerry: ------------
    -I have 4 whiskey barrels on my deck. I have patio tomato in 2 of them and a sweet pepper in 1 and a hot pepper in the other. I would like to plant some bush cucumbers in with the hot pepper will this work.. I have lettuce in with the tomatos and radish in the sweet pepper and I put the cucumber in with the hot, now I am afraid that the hot peppers and cucumber won't grow will together. Thank you for any help you can give me Jerry

I would separate the two. Cucumbers need a lot of stretching room and it sounds like they need their own space. Plus, if you have hot peppers it may be easier to harvest them if they are by themselves.
    I noticed you are in growing Zone 7. You may want to check out the website I've provided a link to, the Southern Living Garden forum. I've recently discovered this and they have some great tips too. I love this website and the Southern Living one.

Good luck on the veggies.

Southern Living Gardening

GardeningwithKids.org Catalog

Special Report - Garden to Table

— ADVERTISEMENTS —