Archived Gardening Message Boards

Topic: Edible Plants

<< Back to message boards home
<< Back to Edible Plants

View Thread:
Can you do that?

Can you do that?
Posted by Amber from TN on 2002-04-17 14:02:32

I am doing my first garden EVER. I'm so excited. I want to plant so much that I'm afraid I'll run out of room, and I don't want to get overwhelmed so I'm making myself settle down :o). I was really wanting to do strawberries - a fave in my house - can I used my kids plastic pool if I punch some holes in the bottom? Are strawberries hard to grow? This site is a lot of help, thanks!
  • Can I plant strawberries?
    Posted by Happy Gardener (scbshell@yahoo.com) from Virginia, Zone on 2002-04-18 11:58:17

Quoting Amber: ------------
    -I am doing my first garden EVER. I'm so excited. I want to plant so much that I'm afraid I'll run out of room, and I don't want to get overwhelmed so I'm making myself settle down :o). I was really wanting to do strawberries - a fave in my house - can I used my kids plastic pool if I punch some holes in the bottom? Are strawberries hard to grow? This site is a lot of help, thanks!

Hi Amber. Wow can I relate. I am a new gardener too and am having the same challenges. Yes, I think you can grow strawberries in a pool because I've seen in a book where strawberry plants can also be grown in hanging baskets. Because they do spread out, you may want to make sure you don't put too many in the area. I've got some strawberry plants in a small bed in my backyard and they are now getting flowers on them. I can't wait until the fruit comes, I am so excited!
    Best of luck with your plants.
GardeningwithKids.org Catalog

Special Report - Garden to Table

— ADVERTISEMENTS —