Archived Gardening Message Boards

Topic: Houseplants & Indoor Gardening

<< Back to message boards home
<< Back to Houseplants & Indoor Gardening

View Thread:
Diffenbachia

Diffenbachia
Posted by Chris from Wisconsin on 2002-03-28 10:38:19

A friend of mine has a diffenbachia that has started to "bloom" or something. It has put out white spikes with what looks like seeds inside. These open and then close after a few days.

I've never had this happen nor heard of it. What's going on?
  • dieffenbachia bloom
    Posted by Carole from NY on 2002-05-20 17:01:01

I just had to come back and share with you....My dieffenbachia is now also blooming!!! YAHOOOO I have had a bit of luck lately with blooming house plants it is really awsome!! Well just thought I would share that good news!!

Your friend, Carole

Our-Plants

• Dieff bloom
    Posted by Carole from NY on 2002-03-28 17:37:16

Congrats your dieffenbachia is blooming!!! A blooming house plant is a healthy house plant. At the moment my Maranta is blooming which I might ad didnt know they did!! I also have an areca palm that has been blooming like crazy!!!
    So once again tell your friend good job!!! Keep up the good work and happy growing!!
    Carole

Our-Plants

• dieffenbachia flower
    Posted by Will Creed from NY on 2002-03-28 16:26:21

In fact, your friend's dieffenbachia is flowering. It's flower is similar in structure to the peace lily and Chinese evergren flowers that are also members of the aroid family. It is an indication that the plant is healthy, but it is not unusual. Enjoy.

Quoting Chris: ------------
    -A friend of mine has a diffenbachia that has started to "bloom" or something. It has put out white spikes with what looks like seeds inside. These open and then close after a few days.

-I've never had this happen nor heard of it. What's going on?

Insiders' Plant Information

Donate Today

The Garden in Every School Initiative

Shop Our Holiday Catalog

— ADVERTISEMENTS —