Archived Gardening Message Boards

Topic: Landscaping & Garden Care

<< Back to message boards home
<< Back to Landscaping & Garden Care

View Thread:
water plants, Have questions

water plants, Have questions
Posted by Tammy (murfer2you@yahoo.com) from NewMexico Zone on 2002-03-10 17:25:17

I would like to know why i have a hard time growing floating water plants here. Is it to hot,dry climate, or what?
Somebody please help, stop spending my money on something that is going to croke.
I sure would be greatful.
Tammy in New Mexico
  • Water Plants, Have Questions
    Posted by Newt from Maryland zone 7 on 2002-03-25 01:27:22

Quoting Tammy: ------------
    I would like to know why i have a hard time growing floating water plants here. Is it to hot,dry climate, or what?
    Somebody please help, stop spending my money on something that is going to croke.
    I sure would be greatful.
    Tammy in New Mexico

Are your plants in a small container in full sun? Maybe you are 'cooking' them. Do you have a pump to recirculate the water and keep it airated? Do you have any submersed plants called oxygenators?

There is a WONDERFUL web site called The Garden Web. You might try reading and posting on their 'Ponds and Aquatic Plants' forum. Just scroll down when you get there. When you post, do mention what plants you are referring to, the location and size of the container (sun or shade or in between), whether or not you have oxygenators and if so which ones, how many plants you have in the container, etc.

Good luck,
    Newt

Garden Web Forums

Donate Today

The Garden in Every School Initiative

Shop Our Fall Catalog

— ADVERTISEMENTS —