Archived Gardening Message Boards

Topic: Landscaping & Garden Care

<< Back to message boards home
<< Back to Landscaping & Garden Care

View Thread:
LADYBUGS

LADYBUGS
Posted by Deke Johnson from Virginia on 2002-03-03 19:49:59

I like ladybugs but I have a chronic problem in that clusters of them keep appearing in window frames in my basement. They are dead and I sweep up a hundred or so almost every week now. What can I do to keep them from showing up?
  • ladybugs
    Posted by Gwen from Mi/5 on 2002-03-05 22:54:16

Quoting Deke Johnson: ------------
    -I like ladybugs but I have a chronic problem in that clusters of them keep appearing in window frames in my basement. They are dead and I sweep up a hundred or so almost every week now. What can I do to keep them from showing up?

-I have the same problem except they are on my first floor as well as the basement. Usually I only have to sweep them up in the spring when they are coming out of hibernation but this year, I think because of our mild winter, I've had them ALL winter! What I plan on trying is next fall spraying my foundation with an insecticide before they start hibernating.
    The culprits are asian ladybugs.They invade our homes for hibernating,they will bite, and they are a pain! Our native ladies are much less aggressive and do most their hibernating outside, and don't bite.
Donate Today

The Garden in Every School Initiative

Shop Our Holiday Catalog

— ADVERTISEMENTS —