Archived Gardening Message Boards

Topic: Houseplants & Indoor Gardening

<< Back to message boards home
<< Back to Houseplants & Indoor Gardening

View Thread:
Stepping stones

Stepping stones
Posted by Shirley Obert from Illinois/zone 4 on 2002-03-03 13:18:43

recently I tuned in to a show on tv that was showing how to make gsrden stepping stones. Unfortunately I tuned in too late to get recipe and instructions. Can anyone help me?
The same thing happened on hgtv a show hosted by Vick Paine on making flower pots and I need more information.
  • garden stepping stones
    Posted by carlene from illinois on 2003-03-09 16:23:32

all you need is concrete , a mold, cake pan or something plastic and get at hobby lobby coat bottom and sides of pan with vaselin and contact paper on the bottom for easy release. you can find books with instructions at stain glass stores.
  • HGTV online
    Posted by Barbara (bdegroot@ptd.net) from PA on 2002-10-27 10:40:24

Quoting Shirley Obert: ------------
    -recently I tuned in to a show on tv that was showing how to make gsrden stepping stones. Unfortunately I tuned in too late to get recipe and instructions. Can anyone help me?
    -The same thing happened on hgtv a show hosted by Vick Paine on making flower pots and I need more information.

You didn't mention if your stepping stones were on HGTV or not, but anything shown on TV is also online at the link I've provided. There's a search feature and I got 47 returns when I typed in stepping stones. No way to tell which, if any, was the one you wanted. If you were looking at some other show, try searching for it on the Web. You may find they are online too.

HGTV online

• Garden Stepping Stones
    Posted by Newt from Maryland zone 7 on 2002-03-24 16:40:06

Quoting Shirley Obert: ------------
    -recently I tuned in to a show on tv that was showing how to make gsrden stepping stones. Unfortunately I tuned in too late to get recipe and instructions. Can anyone help me?
    -The same thing happened on hgtv a show hosted by Vick Paine on making flower pots and I need more information.

There is a WONDERFUL site called the Garden Web. Here is a link to the main page of all the forums they have. The 'Garden Accoutrements' section has several topics with links to the directions for stepping stones and Tufa or Hypertufa pots that you are referring to. You'll find topics on plant exchanges, native plants and even regional gardening.

Have fun,
    Newt

Garden Web Forums

Donate Today

The Garden in Every School Initiative

Special Report - Garden to Table

— ADVERTISEMENTS —