Archived Gardening Message Boards

Topic: Edible Plants

<< Back to message boards home
<< Back to Edible Plants

View Thread:
lavender

lavender
Posted by debi martin (busybdebi@aol.com) from south carolina on 2002-02-12 12:31:01

i received a piece of lavender from my sister last year, planted it and it seemed to grow fine durning the summer monthes, i then cut it back and wondered if this will come back this summer or not. the frost did get it before i was able to cut it back. if anyone knows about this subject , please email me back, thanks so much.
debi
  • lavender
    Posted by Deanna (grnthumb@bigsky.net) from Mt. zone 4-5 on 2002-03-06 15:13:23

Quoting debi martin: ------------
    -i received a piece of lavender from my sister last year, planted it and it seemed to grow fine durning the summer monthes, i then cut it back and wondered if this will come back this summer or not. the frost did get it before i was able to cut it back. if anyone knows about this subject , please email me back, thanks so much.
    debi
    • lavender
      Posted by Deanna (grnthumb@bigsky.net) from MT. zone 4-5 on 2002-03-06 15:21:56

Quoting Deanna: Have grown lavender in Montana and Idaho.It does well in this enviroment as long s it is protected from wind. I don't cut it back until spring, but in your milder climate it should return.It does best in full sun and doesn't require much water, doesn't like wet or humid conditions.The variety Lady Lavender is easily grown from seed. ----------
      -Quoting debi martin: ------------
      -i received a piece of lavender from my sister last year, planted it and it seemed to grow fine durning the summer monthes, i then cut it back and wondered if this will come back this summer or not. the frost did get it before i was able to cut it back. if anyone knows about this subject , please email me back, thanks so much.
      debi
Donate Today

The Garden in Every School Initiative

Shop Our Fall Catalog

— ADVERTISEMENTS —