Archived Gardening Message Boards

Topic: Flowers & Ornamental Plants

<< Back to message boards home
<< Back to Flowers & Ornamental Plants

View Thread:
living wall

living wall
Posted by Leticia (leticiacis@yahoo.com) from california on 2002-02-06 13:43:35

I have an existing pool and I want to plant tall shrubs 4 feet away from the pool to block the view to a nursery. What kind of shrubs can I use for a full sun area and that won't damage the pool.

pool shrub planting

• Shrubs for pool
    Posted by Newt from Maryland zone 7 on 2002-03-25 18:50:34

Quoting Leticia: ------------
    -I have an existing pool and I want to plant tall shrubs 4 feet away from the pool to block the view to a nursery. What kind of shrubs can I use for a full sun area and that won't damage the pool.

I am not familiar with your climate, so I suggest you visit The Garden Web. They have forums on just about everything you can think of and the people there are quite knowledgable. They have forums on 'California Gardening', 'Shrubs' and 'Landscape Design'.

If you post your question on more than one forum, be sure and change the title of your post so that their computer doesn't think you are spamming and block you out.

Do be sure and mention the height you want to obtain and whether you want them to be evergreen (this might be a good idea as you don't want leaves blowing in the pool), fragrant, etc. as well as the good description you have already given about the sunny site. Also try and mention the soil conditions. Also, is there any reason that you want to put them 4 feet away from the pool? Do you have a width restriction on the site?

Here is the link the the forums.

Good luck,
    Newt

Garden Web Forums

Donate Today

The Garden in Every School Initiative

Shop Our Fall Catalog

— ADVERTISEMENTS —