Archived Gardening Message Boards

Topic: Houseplants & Indoor Gardening

<< Back to message boards home
<< Back to Houseplants & Indoor Gardening

View Thread:
I need to ID a plant so I can grow it properly! HELP!

I need to ID a plant so I can grow it properly! HELP!
Posted by Sarah (sae723@hotmail.com) from North Augusta, on 2002-01-27 22:04:01

HELP! I received really neat flower pieces as a gift from an elderly lady who could not remember the name of the plant. I would like to plant it, as I've never seen anything like it. I am not an experienced horticulturist, but my uncle is, and tells me it is a succlent. The part of the plant I received for propogation is the "Petal" of this plant. The petals form a beautiful rose-type "flower" which are pink when mature.... I know that to propogate this particular plant, the petals are placed half-way in a pot of dirt and sand, and with the TIP placed down, and the broken end placed up... quite the opposite of the norm. CAN ANYONE HELP ME?!? Please offer your suggestions! Thanks! ~Sarah
  • Try Houseplants Message Board
    Posted by Ber from VT on 2002-02-04 11:25:13

Hi Sarah,

Passalong plants are great, but sometimes mysterious :~)

I'll be someone in the Houseplant MEssage Board could help you identify it...there are some experts who visit the board frequently.

Best of luck to you! Ber

Quoting Sarah: ------------
    -HELP! I received really neat flower pieces as a gift from an elderly lady who could not remember the name of the plant. I would like to plant it, as I've never seen anything like it. I am not an experienced horticulturist, but my uncle is, and tells me it is a succlent. The part of the plant I received for propogation is the "Petal" of this plant. The petals form a beautiful rose-type "flower" which are pink when mature.... I know that to propogate this particular plant, the petals are placed half-way in a pot of dirt and sand, and with the TIP placed down, and the broken end placed up... quite the opposite of the norm. CAN ANYONE HELP ME?!? Please offer your suggestions! Thanks! ~Sarah
Donate Today

The Garden in Every School Initiative

Shop Our Fall Catalog

— ADVERTISEMENTS —