Archived Gardening Message Boards

Topic: Houseplants & Indoor Gardening

<< Back to message boards home
<< Back to Houseplants & Indoor Gardening

View Thread:
Orchids

Orchids
Posted by Brian from Connecticut on 2002-01-24 14:56:22

I have a nice orchid that I bought last year for my wife for Valentine's Day. The flowers lasted well into April.

The leaves are green and healthy. I water it weekly and feed it monthly w/ orchid food. I cut last year's stem down below the bottom node.

It certainly doesn't look like it's going to flower anytime soon.

Any idea if I did anything wrong or is ther something I can do to help it flower?
  • orchid care
    Posted by Will Creed from NY on 2002-01-24 17:05:57

Hi Brian,

I have written an article on how to care for orchids that I will email to you (or anyone else), if you send me your eamail address.

Quoting Brian: ------------
    -I have a nice orchid that I bought last year for my wife for Valentine's Day. The flowers lasted well into April.

-The leaves are green and healthy. I water it weekly and feed it monthly w/ orchid food. I cut last year's stem down below the bottom node.

-It certainly doesn't look like it's going to flower anytime soon.

-Any idea if I did anything wrong or is ther something I can do to help it flower?

Insiders' Plant Information

• Orchid Care
      Posted by Patrick (pfkelley@earthlink.net) from California on 2006-03-03 08:30:00

Yes I would like the article too. I just moved to Philippines and there are orchids everywhere!
    • Orchid Care
      Posted by Patrick (pfkelley@earthlink.net) from California on 2006-03-03 08:25:00

Yes I would like the article too. I just moved to Philippines and there are orchids everywhere!
    • Orchids
      Posted by Treasure Carter from GA Eastern on 2005-02-07 05:33:00

I seem to be having the same problem as Brian. Is it really possible to get orchids to rebloom? Will you email me the article if you still have it available?
      thank you so much!

Treasure Carter
GardeningwithKids.org Catalog

Special Report - Garden to Table

— ADVERTISEMENTS —