Archived Gardening Message Boards

Topic: Flowers & Ornamental Plants

<< Back to message boards home
<< Back to Flowers & Ornamental Plants

View Thread:
New to the area

New to the area
Posted by Carolyn Malanowski (narboza@earthlink.net) from Washington, Zon on 2002-01-13 09:06:48

I am new to the western Puget Sound area...could anyone give me a general rundown on what plants (annuals, bulbs, perennials, roses, herbs) that do especially well in this area? Every region has their standards, the plants that everyone uses because they are dependable...I just need somewhere to start. Thanks!
  • New to the area
    Posted by Newt from Maryland zone 7 on 2002-04-03 01:49:43

Quoting Carolyn Malanowski: ------------
    -I am new to the western Puget Sound area...could anyone give me a general rundown on what plants (annuals, bulbs, perennials, roses, herbs) that do especially well in this area? Every region has their standards, the plants that everyone uses because they are dependable...I just need somewhere to start. Thanks!

Hi Carolyn,

There is a WONDERFUL site called The Garden Web. They have forums on just about any topic you can think of. Here is a link to their main forums page. Look to your left when you get there and you will see 'Regions and Climates'. If you click on that, you will find a forum for 'Northwest Gardening'. Some very helpful people there. I think you'll find what you're looking for.

Newt

The Garden Web Forums

Donate Today

The Garden in Every School Initiative

Shop Our Fall Catalog

— ADVERTISEMENTS —