is it done ?

• Paperwhites
    Posted by Bert from GA on 2002-01-10 16:39:15

Quoting John Dough: ------------

-My paper white bulbs, I planted in
    -early December, already bloomed before
    -xmas. Will there be more blooms or
    -is it done ?

John, they are done for this year...if you live in Southern California, plant them outside in the yard en enjoy them next year outside....If you live in the North, plant hem outside in the yard, after you dig a hole and put the whole clump in there. Let Mother Nature taken care of them.....wait till the foliage is completely dead, dig them, store them until end of October, plant them and enjoy them again inside. It will take them a bit longer to get in bloom compared to this year.
    • Paperwhites
      Posted by Bill from Akron, OH 5 on 2002-02-25 12:57:11

I thought I read somewhere that once done inside you can plant them outside. I also think I read where I should peel off the dead outer layers, prune old roots and cut stalks at bulb before planting? First time for doing something like this. Your answer also sounds like I could dig them up next fall and bring them back inside? Thanks.

Quoting Bert: ------------
      -Quoting John Dough: ------------

-My paper white bulbs, I planted in
      -early December, already bloomed before
      -xmas. Will there be more blooms or
      -is it done ?

-John, they are done for this year...if you live in Southern California, plant them outside in the yard en enjoy them next year outside....If you live in the North, plant hem outside in the yard, after you dig a hole and put the whole clump in there. Let Mother Nature taken care of them.....wait till the foliage is completely dead, dig them, store them until end of October, plant them and enjoy them again inside. It will take them a bit longer to get in bloom compared to this year.
      • paer white bulbs
        Posted by Bill Moran from NC on 2006-02-16 06:12:00

What should I do with the bulbs,since they are done blooming? Should I plant them outside somewhere?
Donate Today

The Garden in Every School Initiative

Shop Our Fall Catalog

— ADVERTISEMENTS —