Archived Gardening Message Boards

Topic: Flowers & Ornamental Plants

<< Back to message boards home
<< Back to Flowers & Ornamental Plants

View Thread:
seeds for sharing with homeschool anyone?

seeds for sharing with homeschool anyone?
Posted by amanda and children from bc canada on 2002-01-06 00:42:17

Hello Gardeners Everywhere,
Happy New Year to all!
I am a home school mom of 4 great children (plus one happy dog) and we are going to be making our very first garden in the spring of 2002! Everyone is so excited as we draw out our plans. We would be ever so grateful if anyone could share any flower seed of any sort. We are on an extremely tight budget but have a big empty yard so I am hoping some kind folks may have some excess seeds they would not mind sharing. I want to teach my children as much as I can about nature. I would love my children to learn about gardening and have the happy memories of growing and tending their own plants, just as their late father did when he was a young farm boy. Their daddy knew a lot about gardening and nature but I have always been a city girl so I will be learning right along with the children. This is the first time we have lived in a place where we had any space for a yard and garden and we are so looking forward to the whole experience. Just any seeds you have extra of, would be a fantastic help to get our garden and our nature lessons going. I am really looking forward attracting some good bugs, birds and wildlife for the children to observe and recognize the value of preserving. Any info about the plant seeds would be welcome to assist my teaching about other countries and areas and the heritage and homeland of the plants we are trying to grow.
Hopefully we would have thing we could trade soon too but for now all we can offer is our thanks and postage payment if that helps anyone....God’s blessings to everyone for sharing so kindly with others.

May 2002 be the year of harmony, peace, gladness and love growing abundantly in the garden of humanity. may we all sow and reap a bountiful harvest from the seeds of compassion, empathy, tenderness and acceptance that we spread everyday.

Love and many thanks in advance……!
the
newgardenfairies

Amanda, Sally, Ursula, Natalie, Neil and Yoda (the dog) Loheed
909 Charland Avenue
Coquitlam BC CANADA
V3K 3K5

email jj909c@shaw.ca

EVEN IF YOU HAVE ANY OLD SEEDS YOU ARE GOING TO THROW OUT PLEASE CONSIDER SENDING THEM TO US AS WE ARE SO KEEN TO TRY TO GROW ANYTHING AT ALL. WE ARE MOST GRATEFUL FOR ANY SEEDS.
  • seeds/SHARING
    Posted by nora from calif. on 2005-05-11 12:59:00

youmay want to look into garden clubs in you area i just heard that in my area the home depot hosts a garden club on saturday mornings..what a great idea!
GardeningwithKids.org Catalog

Special Report - Garden to Table

— ADVERTISEMENTS —