Archived Gardening Message Boards

Topic: Edible Plants

<< Back to message boards home
<< Back to Edible Plants

View Thread:
how do I garden for profit?

how do I garden for profit?
Posted by Cassandra (swanson_farms@yahoo.com) from South Dakota on 2002-01-03 15:12:07

I would like to know how to get started gardening for profit on a small scale.
  • Gardening for profit
    Posted by Kimm from 4a/5b-MI on 2002-01-05 06:59:39

First survey your market and find out what people want to buy and how much they would pay for that product.
    Next try to determine whether your costs will allow you to grow and market those products for enough to cover your expenses (cost of growing including labor, cost of marketing including labor, license fees, etc.) and leave enough to reinvest as well as provide a profit. Its not quite as simple as it looks as a number of people with MBA's have found lately.
    • Flee--Market's
      Posted by MA from Georgia ( Zo on 2002-01-15 11:35:26

Quoting Kimm: ------------
      -First survey your market and find out what people want to buy and how much they would pay for that product.
      -Next try to determine whether your costs will allow you to grow and market those products for enough to cover your expenses (cost of growing including labor, cost of marketing including labor, license fees, etc.) and leave enough to reinvest as well as provide a profit. Its not quite as simple as it looks as a number of people with MBA's have found lately.
Donate Today

The Garden in Every School Initiative

Shop Our Fall Catalog

— ADVERTISEMENTS —