Archived Gardening Message Boards

Topic: Houseplants & Indoor Gardening

<< Back to message boards home
<< Back to Houseplants & Indoor Gardening

View Thread:
purple passion

purple passion
Posted by PHYLLIS FOSTER from ohio on 2007-07-04 02:03:00

I would like to know how you take care of a purple passion i love them i just cant seem to grow them i can for a while but then they die what am i doing wrong ?can you tell me ?
  • purple passion..........
    Posted by Theresa from MI on 2007-08-01 08:35:00

Hello...The one thing I would suggest that you get is a self watering container. These are fantastic and you'll be able to find them anywhere. Also make your soil mix very light when using a self watering, and regular 20-20-20 fertilizer plant food. So far my purple passion is doing very well. Good luck to you. HTH:)
  • passion vine
    Posted by Rusty from LA. Zone 8 on 2007-07-16 06:23:00

They are very "demanding" plants, that is, water and light are critical for them. They need a lot of attention. If they don't like the environment you put them in they will respond poorly.
    Soil needs to be kept moist, not wet, at all times. Don't let them dry out.
    They do better in indirect light. Bright, direct noon-day, or afternoon sun is a no-no.
    • purple passion plant
      Posted by betsy from az. /mtn. on 2008-04-10 05:44:00

I agree. I move my plant in a certain area(away from direct sun,it will kill) and it started dying, now I have it in the bathroom in front of a frosted glass window, where it gets the sun beating on that window, and it's started growing back and the color is great. One other thing I was told was to put them in a smaller pot and loose soil.Thank you.
      Betsy parsley

bjp

Donate Today

The Garden in Every School Initiative

Shop Our Holiday Catalog

— ADVERTISEMENTS —