Archived Gardening Message Boards

Topic: Houseplants & Indoor Gardening

<< Back to message boards home
<< Back to Houseplants & Indoor Gardening

View Thread:
Not sure what type of plant I have

Not sure what type of plant I have
Posted by Shontel Ruiz from washington d.c. on 2006-01-08 04:04:00

Someone sent this plant to my Uncle's funeral. I brought it home with me but I have no idea of how to take care of it. It has 3 separate stalks (with the tallest being about 3 ft) with thick barks(a little larger than a fifty cent piece). The leaves at the top are dark green on the outside with a light green stripe in the middle. It kinda reminds me of a palm tree of some sort but I can't seem to find any info about it online. Please help!
  • plant unknown
    Posted by Brent Crouse from Ont on 2007-01-22 05:05:00

My Guess would be massadonian yukka cane why not post a picture it would be easyier
  • Corn Plant
    Posted by Leonora from VA on 2006-02-20 07:07:00

It sounds like a corn plant.

Corn Plant

• plant
    Posted by Shontel from washington d.c. on 2006-01-16 11:44:00

Hi,
    It has long brownish stalks. The leaves are long and green. It reminds me of a small palm tree. The plant has three different separate stalks. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for responding.
    • plant id
      Posted by andi from bc can. on 2006-01-17 07:28:00

Hi again Shontel,
      could it be a type of yucca or Dracaena?
  • plant id
    Posted by andi from bB.C. Can. on 2006-01-11 07:39:00

Hi Shontel,
    It's hard to tell what type of plant you have. Could you describe it a little more for me? Does it have a woody stalk? or is it all green? And maybe the shape and size of the leaves? A photo would be great but if you could give a little more info I will be happy to try to help you out. Good luck Andi
Donate Today

The Garden in Every School Initiative

Special Report - Garden to Table

— ADVERTISEMENTS —